Tuesday, August 30, 2011

College Story- Day 2

Yesterday was my second class in fashion100 and I loved every minute of it. I was absorbing as much info as I could. I had learned how to wind a bobbin for a mechanical machine and that took me a couple of tries before I could do it by myself. We also learned how to thread the machine and that made me frustrated, because the instructions were right next to me and could not figure it out for nothing. I had to ask the teacher a question for every step. When I had everything checked and ready to go, the thread came out the needle. At that moment, this machine was my enemy. I did not have a lot of success on the machine, so after I made three stitches it was time for my group to move on to the next step. Next we learn how to add seam allowance to a pattern. We all traced the skirt pattern and added seam allowance to it, this part was so easy and I was like one of the first to finish with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment