Monday, December 26, 2011

Mccall 6316 muslin romper

 I have been promising my sister that I will be sewing this pattern for the longest. So since I am on break I thought it would be a great beginners project for me to start. I did make the whole garment as if it was made in the fashion fabric. I am very pleased how the muslin came out.

I made view B in a size 16 1/2 . The only change I made in the pattern was to take out the exposed zipper in the front, and inserted an invisible zipper to the side. Which  required me to sew the lining in last instead of first like the pattern instructed. The pattern instructions were simple but I am unsure if I will be making it in the fashion fabric because my sister ended up hating the bubble butt the pattern gave her . I thought it would make cute pj's, but she disagreed. Even though she was not a fan of this pattern, I am still glad I made it because I got to practice a lot of the basics they taught me in school. Plus I learned a new tip when sewing this. I used to always take forever to turn spaghetti straps, I mean I would pinch the fabric out of the tube till the whole tube is turned. I found that I can use a safety pin to do it. I don't know why it took me so long to find this out, but I am glad I know now. 

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I purchased one of my must haves!

  I just want to give a special thanks to Bonnie for helping me find this vintage pattern. In August I had made a post about vintage pattern I would die for . This pattern was on the top of the list because I have been searching for this pattern for this longest. I mean I have checked Google,Etsy,  and Ebay and had no luck. I did not find this pattern till I seen Bonnie left a comment with the site selling it for around five dollars. I still can not believe I own this pattern. I can not wait to make this dress, I am thinking about making the gorgeous dress in a red satin.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

College LBD is done!

My final for my fashion100 class was to make a little black dress. I had used black poly poplin I got from Vogue for three dollars. This was defiantly not an easy project since I had to sew in in two weeks. The pattern is a simple block pattern my teacher designed, with bust darts and side contour darts. I was amazed because she drafted so many designs from the same pattern. I kept mine as simple as possible because the time we had to make it.

The only embellishment I added to the dress was an iron on applique.