Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pattern Organizing

 I just started back sew this year. Since then it seams like I can not stop buying patterns.I finally found a way to organize my pattern collection so I can find them easily.

First I separated the patterns from the envelopes. Then I put the pattern envelopes in a three ring binder and divided it by style: pants,skirts,dresses.


 Then I put the patterns and instructions in a 6x9 envelopes.
Last I put the envelopes in a pattern box in numerical order.

5 comments:

  1. That's a very cool idea. I have so many it would probably take me weeks to get them together like that. The best I can do right now is have the ones I really really like in three small boxes beside the sewing machine and the rest are organized by pattern company in a big box below the sewing machine and in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, it does take a while but once they are organized, it is a lot easier to find the pattern you are looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to do this before you have hundreds of patterns. Even if it takes awhile, it's well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats really smart! I dont use patterns, but when I do, Ill be sure to use this technique!

    oohlalaholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned how to sew and since then I've only purchased a few patterns, but its probably a good idea for me to start organizing them also. Great idea!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete